Class A CDL Truck Driver Training Programs
Fast CDL Training to Get Your CDL Now!
We often hear callers ask, “How quickly can I get my CDL? I want it NOW!” Our answer: “FAST – in just four weeks!” For students interested in completing their CDL training quickly, we offer our CDL Now! Program.
This program prepares students for truck-driving jobs in only a month – start to finish. During that time, we train beginning students who have never even sat in a big rig cab, how to operate it safely under normal driving conditions.
While it is not as comprehensive in scope or curriculum , this CDL Now! Program answers the demand for a quick, but safe and effective training course, whose graduates are ready to drive 18-wheel trucks professionally.
Like our CDL Now Program, you’ll learn what you need to know to operate a big truck and get plenty of driving practice on our Training Grounds. And you’ll also learn in our classrooms the knowledge you’ll need to pass your Commercial Driver’s License exam and qualify for a truck driving career.
The CDL Now! Program will train individuals in the operation of a combination semi-tractor-trailer, for entry-level positions within the trucking industry – both interstate and intrastate.They will learn how to safely and effectively drive under a wide variety of traffic, load, road, weather and geographic conditions and locations.In addition, students will learn:
Take Our CDL Practice Test to See if You’re Ready for the CDL Written Exam
- How to perform a pre-trip inspection
- How to properly document their Hours of Service in the industry standard logbook
- The proper methods for and how to Start, Operate and Shutdown a diesel tractor-trailer
- How to safely back a tractor-trailer in various conditions using various techniques;
- How to safely couple and uncouple a tractor-trailer
- How to park and secure the vehicle
- The safety procedures defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Act, and
- How to successfully prepare for and pass the D.O.T. written examination as well as the D.O.T. equipment road test, which is mandatory before being employed in the trucking industry.
When our students have completed their training, they often take our CDL practice test to make sure they have the knowledge needed to pass the actual CDL written exam. (You can try this free CDL practice test yourself right now by clicking here.)
Many of our CDL Now! graduates have job offers already extended to them from one or more trucking firms by the time they receive their CDL. That’s because truckers are in such high demand due to the nationwide truck-driver shortage, and because of the great reputation of our school within the industry.
During thistraining program, you will have 180 total hours of training, including learning these topics in a classroom at our Training Grounds:
CLASSROOM SUBJECTS AND LESSON DESCRIPTIONS
- Monday Orientation, Roll Call
- Defensive Truck Driving Course
- Map Reading
- Trip Reports
- Preparation for CDL Permit
- DOT Regulations‐Hours of Service‐Log Book‐ Part 395
- Driver Wellness, Whistleblower Protection
- Pre‐Trip Inspection – Brake Adjustment
- Refrigeration Theory
- Weight and Cargo Distribution Theory
- Operator Forms
- DOT Regulations – Hazardous Materials‐Part 397
- Driver’s Accident Reporting
- TOTAL CLASSROOM SUBJECT HOURS
You will also spend time in and around various types of big trucks, including many hours behind the wheel – learning and practicing your driving skills. This training will include:
CLASSROOM SUBJECTS AND LESSON DESCRIPTIONS
- Couple/Uncouple Trailers (Hands On)
- Pre‐Trip Inspection (Hands On)
- Skills Course Behind‐the‐Wheel, Straight Line Backing, Stop Line, Right Turn, Ally Docking, Parallel Park
- Road and Track Driving
- CDL Testing and as needed, Retesting
- TOTAL HANDS-ON EQUIPMENT
Job Placement Assistance (4 hours)
During the course, you’ll see recruiting presentations from various trucking firms that are interested in hiring our graduates. Near graduation time, we’ll give you a thorough Career Guidance Orientation. Finally, when you’ve completed your course and earned your CDL, our job placement department will work to find a great job in the truck driving field that’s right for you – that is, if you haven’t already been hired! Altogether, you’ll receive a minimum of four hours– and usually more – of job placement assistance and employer presentations.
- 180 Hour, 4 week Resident Training course
- Upcoming Starting and Ending dates for resident training are shown below
- May 25, 2020
- June 22, 2020
- July 20, 2020
- August 17, 2020
- September 14, 2020
- October 12, 2020
- November 9, 2020
- December 1,2020
- June 19, 2020
- July 17, 2020
- August 14, 2020
- September 11, 2020
- October 9, 2020
- November 6, 2020
- December 4,2020
- December 24,2020